University of Guilan is host to an enlarging body of international students. We welcome students from all over the world and would be happy to assist you with the application and enrollment procedures.
- Application. Please refer to the apply section for the application service. You may apply to only one degree program. Your deferral request must be made well before the start of the new academic year, considering the application and visa processes.
- Official Transcripts and diplomas/certificates. You are required to submit transcripts and diplomas from all colleges or universities you have attended. Transcripts are considered official if they have an original signature of a school official and an original school seal. If your institution does not issue a transcript in Persian or English, you should submit the original transcript as well as an authenticated English translation.
- Persian Proficiency. All the applicants are required to have a good knowledge of the Persian language. If your application is accepted, you will be given a test at the university to ensure that you have a good command of the Persian language to understand the materials taught in the classes. If you fail the test, you will have to take the "Persian for International Students" course before attending the classes in your field.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Letters of Recommendation. You should provide two recommendations written by academic individuals who are familiar with your academic achievements and potential. Please be aware that University of Guilan does not automatically contact the references.
- Statement of Purpose. Tell us about your achievements, and explain why you have chosen University of Guilan, and what will be your contributions to your field.
Please check with the International Office for any additional application requirements.
Deadlines vary (contact the International Office) but generally the application must be sent at least 2 months before the start of the new academic year.
How to Submit your Documents
All documents must be scanned and uploaded through the university's application portal. If accepted, students should also submit the original documents for registration.
Admission decisions are made by individual departments as well as the International Office. The admissions and, most importantly, the scholarships, are merit-based, usually considering academic achievements (GPA and so on) and a strong CV.